Salary: £28,000.00 /year
Up to £28,000/ year + uncapped bonus
LoatesHR is a Derby based consultancy that provides outsourced HR to the surrounding owner-managed business community, and HR training services to SMEs and corporate clients. Now in our eighth year, we have steadily built an outstanding reputation for providing first class HR support.
As part of our current expansion, we are now seeking a qualified and experienced HR professional to join our team of enthusiastic, friendly experts.
More specifically, we’re looking for someone with extensive hands-on Employee Relations (ER) experience to support a portfolio of clients across a wide variety of private sector and not-for-profit clients. You will also have the opportunity to get involved with strategic HR projects such as implementation of pay and grading structures, culture change programmes, and employee engagement projects.
In addition to providing client HR support, you will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships, mentoring junior staff, and developing new business through networking and marketing events.
We would ideally like you to have previous experience of supporting external clients as a charged-out HR or employment law consultant. We’re particularly interested in hearing from those who have run their own HR consultancy business, worked within an HR consultancy SME, or specialised in employment law within a legal firm. You need to have an appreciation of the financial aspects of running a business, be able to quote jobs, and be comfortable working to annual revenue targets.
We are also seeking someone who reflects our values and loves what they do. We actively encourage our team to be socially responsible, and we support a wide variety of activities in this area across the region.
We pride ourselves on our team ethos, and share the success of the business through an uncapped six-monthly bonus scheme.
We also ensure you have all the tools needed for you to undertake the role, with access to development opportunities and employment law resources.
- Act as an account manager to build and manage a portfolio of varied clients
- Provide day-to-day client HR and employment law support, both proactive and reactive
- Complex case management
- Manage and deliver long-term client projects (e.g. reward & performance, recruitment, employee engagement)
- HR compliance (e.g. contracts and policies)
- Estimating, pricing, and tracking jobs
- Business development (e.g. networking, marketing)
- Internal process development
- Coaching & mentoring
Required Technical Skills
- Level 5 CIPD qualified, or qualified employment lawyer
- Substantial ER experience (i.e. leading disciplinaries, grievances, investigations, settlement agreement discussions)
- Change management experience, redundancy, and restructuring
- Managing TUPE projects
- Substantial private sector HR or employment law experience
- Up-to-date employment law knowledge
- Experience of working within an SME
- IT literate, high level of PowerPoint, Word, Excel competence
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Business development, networking, and marketing
- Client relationship management
- Level 7 CIPD qualified
- Employment law qualifications
- Charged-out consultancy experience
- Broad generalist experience in all aspects of HR
- HR or employment law experience across a range of industries
- Experience with trade unions
- Reward management experience (e.g. job evaluation)
- Business finance
- Project management
- Mentoring/coaching skills
- Line management
- Training design/delivery
- Advanced IT skills
- Content creation (e.g. writing, web & social media, art & design)
Required Personal Skills
- Great team player who can also work independently
- Commercially aware, business focussed, strategic
- Able to work to targets
- Pragmatic problem solver, resourceful
- Client focussed
- Approachable, able to adapt style
- Great networker, skilled at building relationships.
- Effective communicator, high level of written English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised, able to prioritise and manage workload
- Reliable, able to deliver
- Professional manner
- Calm under pressure
- Flexible, can-do attitude
- Uncapped performance related bonus
- Company sick pay
- Professional CIPD membership fees
- Key role within a fast-growing small business
- Interesting and varied work
- Working hours flexibility
- Control of your own workload
- Autonomy to manage your own portfolio of clients
- Professional yet non-corporate office culture
- Extremely flat management hierarchy
- Friendly colleagues with an awesome mix of skills and experience
- Input into business decision making
- Freedom to implement your ideas
- Opportunity to get involved with local social responsibility projects
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV along with a covering lettering outlining your relevant experience and the value you can add to our business.
The closing date for applications is:
Monday 18th February
If you’d like to find out more before applying, please feel free to give us a ring for an informal chat on:
01332 890 345