What Is Happening?
From 6th April 2019 tribunal compensation limits will increase as follows
- Limit on guaranteed payments – £29
- Limit on a week’s pay – £525
- Maximum basic award for unfair dismissal and statutory redundancy payment – £15,750
- Minimum basic award for unfair dismissal – £6,408
- Maximum compensatory award for unfair dismissal – £86,444
Why Does It Matter?
It is crucial as an employer and an employee to be aware of the compensation that could occur at tribunal, especially if you are currently involved or anticipate involvement within court in the near future.