What Is Happening?
April 4th 2019 is the official deadline for gender pay gap reports for private companies and charities, with public-sector organisations being given an earlier deadline of 30th March 2019.
Why Does It Matter?
The reporting requirements apply to private, voluntary and most public sector organisations with 250 or more employees. Acas can help to see if the requirements for the gender pay gap reports apply to you, if you miss the deadline you could face unlimited fines.
What Do I Need To Do?
If you have to report a gender pay gap, you are required to publish information about the differences in pay and bonuses between men and women in the workforce.
Included in this submission should be:
- The mean gender pay gap
- The median gender pay gap
- The mean bonus gender pay gap
- The median bonus gender pay gap
- The proportion of men who receive a bonus payment
- The proportion of women who receive a bonus payment
- The proportion of men and women in each quartile pay band.
The government has created supporting articles to help companies calculate this, if your HR systems don’t already.